As we stepped onto the unfamiliar campus, Mia walked ahead of me to meet up with her friends. A few minutes later the call came for all 7th graders to head into the gym for orientation...sans parents. Before I could get my phone out to snap a picture she had disappeared into the crowd with 500 other new & nervous 7th graders. No goodbye, not even a wave...it was very unceremonious. Then the parents were ushered into the cafeteria for a quick introduction and send off. I was doing just fine until the bouncy, but very nice principal reminded us that our babies were the future high school graduating class of 2018. She spoke as if that were just around the corner and then I remembered that were in 2012 already....holy crap that's in six years!
Wait....it can't be....
I can remember the day I graduated high school....sobbing at what I thought was the last time I'd ever see the faces I knew so well, faces I had seen almost everyday since Kindergarten. And now, were talking about my baby graduating from high school...where did the time go? Thankfully the talk quickly moved along because my eyes had begun to fill ever so slightly with tears. The thought of watching Mia in a graduation cap & gown, looking so grown up and amazingly beautiful
as she walks to Pomp & Circumstance is bittersweet.
Wait....it can't be....
I can remember the day I graduated high school....sobbing at what I thought was the last time I'd ever see the faces I knew so well, faces I had seen almost everyday since Kindergarten. And now, were talking about my baby graduating from high school...where did the time go? Thankfully the talk quickly moved along because my eyes had begun to fill ever so slightly with tears. The thought of watching Mia in a graduation cap & gown, looking so grown up and amazingly beautiful
as she walks to Pomp & Circumstance is bittersweet.
I snapped out of it when I learned that my little girl will be earning 6 high school credits during her 7th grade year....awesome! If Mia was sitting next to me I would have high fived her...but she wasn't...she was off doing what she is supposed to do....grow up.
Ok...now I'm gonna cry.