SPACE
A very close up shot of a huge star that's a gazillion miles away
and the particles that float around out
in the universe above us.

Actually,
about 11:30 last night I took the dogs out one last time
and noticed something moving in the pool.
Upon closer inspection I discovered it was a
huge freaking unhappy junebug on it's back.
I greatly dislike junebugs...
but he was no threat since he was obviously stuck.
(which is exactly what he deserved
because he's a creepy junebug...and I took no
concern for his feelings when telling him so)
Anyway...I carefully stretched out across the diving board to get
close enough to snap a picture of the
perfectly stuck bug with my phone.
.
perfectly stuck bug with my phone.
.
The above photo is what I got.....it looks nothing like a junebug.
.
.
As I laid there flat on my stomach...hanging off the
edge of the diving board...leisurely looking at my phone..
caring not for the bug that was in distress,
I began to hear a small faint splashing.
To my horror, I quickly realized that the flash from
my phone had surprised the bug just enough
to cause him to turn his large ugly wings up from the
water. After a few seconds of strenuous flapping
he lifted straight up and was now hovering a
little more than a foot away in front of me.
.
.
It was an instant flurry of bad words, arms waving and
a rather pathetic attempt to scoot backwards
off the diving board without falling in.
(If you didn't have a visual...I'm sure you will now..
I no doubt looked like an inchworm in reverse)
.
I no doubt looked like an inchworm in reverse)
.
Besides a few "colorful" expressions that I tend
to say during unpleasant situations...
I had only 2 coherent thoughts:
Don't drop the phone in the pool.
and
Please God dont' let it land in my hair.
(yes, in that order)
(yes, in that order)
.
Once I was upright I scolded the vile bug for being so cruel.
In his amazingly irritating little hissing bug voice
he simply smiled & said....karma...and then flew into the night.